Thank you for coming to my Blog

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy my “tales from the road”. If you are a cyclist, I hope the stories and musings you find posted here encourage you to ride and to reminisce about your achievements. If you are not a cyclist, I hope you will take a chance, throw your leg over the bicycle and see where your bicycle can take you.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Weatherman Cometh

What a glorious morning. The sun is just coming up and it is already a nice 50 degrees. There is a mild steady breeze out of the south this morning ushering in a very nice day in the mid to upper 60’s. I am planning on head out later this afternoon for a ride. Wind or not, a ride on a nice day is a wonderful way to clear the head, burn off that meatloaf dinner from last night and feel the endorphins flowing throughout my body.

Our brevet season is just over a week away. The first event is the 200 kilometer (125 mile) brevet which will start and finish in Edwardsville IL. Temperatures at this time of year can surprise you. It may be 10 degrees at the start or it can be 50 degrees at the start. You may have sun, or clouds, wind, rain, snow and or sleet or all of the above on the same ride. Only time will tell.

Don’t get me started with the weather folks. The chicken shakers are almost useless for a long range forecast let alone one for the next day. Time and time again these people forecast one thing and the weather is not even close. I am even amazed the difference between the same station at different times of the day. One will say tomorrow will have a high of 72 degrees the other will say tomorrow will be in the mid-60’s.

On this note I just checked the ten day forecast at weather.com and they are saying, Saturday, March 14th will have a morning low around 30 degrees and a high of 52 degrees with partly cloudy skies and a 10 percent chance of precipitation. We have just got to watch this one.

Where ever you are, I hope you have a chance to get out and ride today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment