Thank you for coming to my Blog

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will enjoy my “tales from the road”. If you are a cyclist, I hope the stories and musings you find posted here encourage you to ride and to reminisce about your achievements. If you are not a cyclist, I hope you will take a chance, throw your leg over the bicycle and see where your bicycle can take you.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Is it June?

I had a wonderful ride yesterday. Yes it is March, at least by way of the calendar, but our temperatures were mid-June when we topped out at 82 degrees. All I knew before I left the house was I had better put on sunscreen (in March) so I didn’t burn. It was certainly the first time of this year I could ride without a jacket and tights.

I filled two water bottles and fixed up a quick bag of gorp to snack on. I rode south out of Columbia IL into a mild headwind with a smile on my face. My legs are definitely out of shape, but it didn’t matter as it felt wonderful to be outdoors feeling the sun and warmth.

I managed a 40 mile round trip loop and had my first flat of the year. At least it was not a blow out, just a slow leak. I felt the front getting squishy and wondered if I could make it back before it was flat. I made it to about the last eight miles before it felt too soft to continue. I pulled over and checked it, My tire was down to 30psi. I pulled out my Road Morph pump and inflated it to 90psi and headed back for the final miles. I did manage to get back to my car and retested the tire. Soft again, so I will need to fix that.

All in all what is not to like about an 82 degree day in March in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment